Welcome to my EB Summer Favorites that make my life easier with littles!
I seem to always remember to do these posts at the END of the season when I realize that I have found a bunch of new things that made my life easier. I know that it would make more sense to do these type of posts at the BEGINNING of the season so everyone has a chance to purchase and use the items BUUUUUT I just don’t feel right posting items that I haven’t tried and used before recommending them. So here is a list of things that make my life work a little better in the summer.
- Austin Baby Co Chambray Bento Box – I cannot say enough good things about these Austin Baby Co bento boxes and Austin Baby Co Snack Cups. They are cute and easy and for some reason my kids love eating out of small compartments? We pack them to take to the beach, the park, the pool, etc.
- Girls One Piece Long Sleeve Ditsy Floral: – Can I get an AMEN for long sleeve SPF rash guards? Thanks to these you only have to wrestle your kids while putting sunscreen on HALF of their bodies. It’s a win/win. I have both of these swim suits for Greer and YES the Minnow Swim Rash Guard is expensive BUT I have been buying these for years and the material is BUTTER. Also want to point out that the Minnow material allows a stretch that some other fabrics don’t and Greer can wear her 2-3T size suits as well as her 5-6T size suits. I am all about clothes that last and that we can wear for multiple years.
- Evenflow Stroller Wagon – if you buy one thing for your family BUY THIS. I cannot say enough good things. The handle switches from wagon mode to stroller mode, it has a tray for the kids to snack, a compartment for your bags, huge tires to help drag through sandy beaches, and sun shades. We have had other wagons that have all broke due to us being so hard on them especially during beach trips and we have had this one for over a year and it is fantastic and I am SO MAD that I ever bought a stroller.
- Yeti Kids Tumbler | Hydroflask Kids Tumbler – I think these brands speak for themselves. We love them.
- Rolling Picnic Blanket – This blanket folds up so small and I think it’s always super useful to keep it on hand. The back side of it is waterproof so you never have to worry about wet grass soaking through.
- Mesh Beach Bag – I wish I had a cuter bag option for the beach but I don’t. I have had this one for 3 years probably? And we now own 2 or 3 of them. IT. IS. HUGE. And doesn’t hold sand. I wish it was more fashionable but honestly I would be peeved if someone got sunscreen in my cute bag. I am not peeved when sunscreen gets in this bag. Win/Win.
- Slumberpod – IYKYK. This thing is always sold out. This isn’t really a “summer favorite” but more of a “What did I ever do without you” favorite. Beach houses and rental houses in general NEVER have shades (wtf is up with that) … enter the slumberpod. It is it’s own little personal room pod for the baby. I remember vividly waking up on our first beach trip with Greer and her staring at me intensely from her crib across the room like something out of a horror movie. Another time we had her sleep in the bathroom and duct taped trash bags and cardboard to the windows which of course turned into a game of “how many times can I rip down everything Mom just taped up”. Don’t be like me and buy the slumberpod people.
- Portable Fan – I have had others but I like this on the best. I own two now.
- Stasher Bags – These are awesome. Beach trips, road trips, packing snacks to keep kids entertained while you attempt dinner at a restaurant (why do we do this to ourselves) … you name it and we have probable taken our Stasher Bags there.
- Cooler Bag – Cooler bags are essential for traveling with kids … have you ever been caught on a road trip with no snacks or drinks? Can you even? I DO NOT care what cooler bag you buy but for the love of your sanity please PLEASE buy one.
- Picnic Basket – OMG okay so this is the only thing I posted that I don’t currently own. BUT I want to. I love having a picnic and we go to Davidson every Mothers Day and set up a picnic and eat in the park. I am not sure if this is practical or not (prob not) but it’s so cute and IMO MORE practical than a picnic basket … right?!
I am sure there are lot’s of things I am forgetting – I always try to remember to write down my favorites when I am using them buuuuut if you ask me I have actually written things down ZERO times. SO this is very off-book.
What are some of your favorites that I am missing?! I will buy them for next summer. Don’t hold back!
Austin Baby Co Chambray Bento Box | Austin Baby Co Ripe Peach Bento Box | Girls One Piece Long Sleeve Ditsy Floral | Evenflow Stroller Wagon | Rolling Picnic Blanket | Yeti Kids Tumbler | Hydroflask Kids Tumbler | Mesh Beach Bag | Portable Fan | Stasher Bags | Cooler Bag | Slumberpod | Austin Baby Co Snack Cups | Minnow Swim Rash Guard | Picnic Basket